It's an obvious statement that car insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who shop around for better prices will probably switch companies because of the high probability of finding better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved on average $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who didn't regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is your ultimate objective, then knowing how to get rate quotes and compare insurance coverage can save time and money.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get cheaper Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Jersey City is to compare prices once a year from different companies that insure vehicles in New Jersey.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how auto insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like multiple speeding tickets and a poor credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for more details to get cheaper rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Jersey City. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, you can learn to reduce premiums while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable insurance coverage in Jersey City is really not that difficult. Vehicle owners only have to learn the most efficient way to shop for insurance online.
Verify you're applying every discount
Car insurance companies do not advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Paperwork-free - Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Early Switch Discount - Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current Shelby GT350 insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Shelby GT350 insurance in Jersey City.
- Use Seat Belts - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will definitely lower the amount you have to pay.
Some of the insurance companies that have these discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Jersey City. To view companies who offer free Ford Shelby GT350 insurance quotes in New Jersey, click here.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in New Jersey. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Jersey City, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Ford Shelby GT350 Insurance
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could result in big savings. Many things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- Incidental coverages can cost a lot - There are many add-on coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- Obey driving laws and save - Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. People who have license-revoking tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Teenage drivers pay more - Older drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers are known to be less responsible with other occupants in the car so car insurance rates are higher.
- Getting married brings a discount - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your car insurance bill. Having a spouse means you're more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Better car insurance rates with anti-theft devices - Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle - The more you drive in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your vehicle rating is showing how each vehicle is driven. Having the wrong rating on your Shelby GT350 is just wasting money.
- Safer cars means lower prices - Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you.
- Occupation can influence rates - Occupations like military personnel, business owners, and dentists are shown to have higher premium rates attributed to intense work requirements and long work hours. On the flip side, careers like professors, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
Always remember that when buying insurance from an agent or online, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What happens if I owe more than my Ford Shelby GT350 is worth?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent. Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important especially in Jersey City.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes to get your business. You don't have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How long has their agency been open in Jersey City?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Jersey City?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
After getting positive responses to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you've probably found an provider that meets the requirements to provide insurance coverage.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Shelby GT350 in Jersey City, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $869 every year so shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
More effort can pay off
Discount Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Jersey City can be sourced both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)