Statistics show that almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average car insurance premium being $2,010, New Jersey drivers can cut their rates by as much as 40% a year, but they don't want to take the time to go online and compare rates.
The best way we recommend to find cheaper quotes for Ford F-350 insurance in Jersey City is to regularly compare price quotes from providers in New Jersey.
- Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like traffic violations, accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. View companies
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One important bit of advice is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Most companies like Allstate and Progressive give pricing direct online. Doing online price comparisons for Ford F-350 insurance in Jersey City doesn't take much effort as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. After you submit the form the system orders credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered. The ability to get online rate quotes for Ford F-350 insurance in Jersey City makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the cheapest price possible.
In order to use this form to compare rates, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you copy the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in New Jersey. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Jersey City, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Ford F-350
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford F-350 insurance, insurance is required for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Ford F-350 with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Ford F-350 insurance analysis
The rate table displayed next highlights estimates of insurance prices for Ford F-350 models. Having a better idea how auto insurance policy rates are determined can aid in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$252||$454||$736||$44||$220||$1,706||$142|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$252||$454||$736||$44||$220||$1,706||$142|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$280||$386||$490||$30||$146||$1,332||$111|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$280||$454||$736||$44||$220||$1,734||$145|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$280||$454||$490||$30||$146||$1,400||$117|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$280||$454||$490||$30||$146||$1,400||$117|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$280||$454||$736||$44||$220||$1,734||$145|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$280||$454||$736||$44||$220||$1,734||$145|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$280||$454||$736||$44||$220||$1,734||$145|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$280||$454||$736||$44||$220||$1,734||$145|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$280||$454||$736||$44||$220||$1,734||$145|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$280||$454||$736||$44||$220||$1,734||$145|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$280||$454||$490||$30||$146||$1,400||$117|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$280||$454||$490||$30||$146||$1,400||$117|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$280||$454||$490||$30||$146||$1,400||$117|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$280||$524||$736||$44||$220||$1,804||$150|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$280||$524||$736||$44||$220||$1,804||$150|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$280||$524||$736||$44||$220||$1,804||$150|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$280||$524||$736||$44||$220||$1,804||$150|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$280||$524||$736||$44||$220||$1,804||$150|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$280||$524||$736||$44||$220||$1,804||$150|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$280||$524||$736||$44||$220||$1,804||$150|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$308||$454||$490||$30||$146||$1,428||$119|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$308||$454||$490||$30||$146||$1,428||$119|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$308||$454||$490||$30||$146||$1,428||$119|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$308||$454||$490||$30||$146||$1,428||$119|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$308||$454||$490||$30||$146||$1,428||$119|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$308||$454||$490||$30||$146||$1,428||$119|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$308||$454||$490||$30||$146||$1,428||$119|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$308||$524||$736||$44||$220||$1,832||$153|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$308||$524||$736||$44||$220||$1,832||$153|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$308||$524||$736||$44||$220||$1,832||$153|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$308||$524||$736||$44||$220||$1,832||$153|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$308||$524||$490||$30||$146||$1,498||$125|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$308||$524||$490||$30||$146||$1,498||$125|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$308||$524||$490||$30||$146||$1,498||$125|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$308||$524||$490||$30||$146||$1,498||$125|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$308||$524||$490||$30||$146||$1,498||$125|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$308||$524||$736||$44||$220||$1,832||$153|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$308||$524||$736||$44||$220||$1,832||$153|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$308||$524||$490||$30||$146||$1,498||$125|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$308||$524||$490||$30||$146||$1,498||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can decrease or increase coverage rates considerably.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can raise or lower Ford F-350 premium costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford F-350 insurance in Jersey City
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to buckle up could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds who allow driving data submission to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive lower premium rates.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Driver Education Discount - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Sign Early and Save - A few insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works. But all discounts will help lower the amount you have to pay.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Ford F-350 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, accident-free, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, safe driver, youthful driver, driver training, renewal discount, and 55 and retired.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, driver training, air bags, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, drive less, homeowner, and teen safe driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Jersey City. If you would like to choose from a list of companies offering insurance discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
Insurance agents can help
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a local agent. Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Jersey City.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Different types of car insurance agents in Jersey City
If you would like to find a local agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Jersey City are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either type can write policy coverage, but we need to point out how they differ because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Jersey City who may be able to give you free insurance quotes.
582 West Side Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07304 - (201) 209-1306 - View Map
1674 John F. Kennedy Blvd # A - Jersey City, NJ 07305 - (201) 434-4760 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company's rates like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are Jersey City exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
Deciding on an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you can always cancel coverage when you choose so don't think you're contractually obligated to a specific company for any length of time.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
Affordable Ford F-350 insurance in Jersey City is definitely available on the web in addition to many Jersey City insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to compare Ford F-350 insurance premium rates in Jersey City. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best premium rates are with a small mutual company.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Female in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)