Do you want to learn how to find the cheapest Dodge Dakota insurance in Jersey City? High-priced auto insurance in Jersey City can eat up your funds and maybe even restrict other spending.
It’s amazing but a large majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. American drivers could save an average of about $860 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy. Due to the increasing number of auto insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to locate a lower cost auto insurance company.
It’s a good idea to shop coverage around periodically since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest price on Dodge Dakota insurance in Jersey City on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is a fairly straight forward process. The only thing you need to do is take the time to compare rates from online providers.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to drive around to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online eliminates this option unless you have a need for the advice and guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in New Jersey. To find cheaper auto insurance in NJ, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Dodge Dakota detailed coverage information
The coverage information shown below highlights different insurance coverage prices for Dodge Dakota models. Being more informed about how premiums are established is important to be able to make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$200||$394||$600||$36||$180||$1,410||$118|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$200||$394||$600||$36||$180||$1,410||$118|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$230||$394||$600||$36||$180||$1,440||$120|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$230||$394||$600||$36||$180||$1,440||$120|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$230||$464||$600||$36||$180||$1,510||$126|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$230||$464||$600||$36||$180||$1,510||$126|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$258||$394||$480||$28||$144||$1,304||$109|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$258||$394||$480||$28||$144||$1,304||$109|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$258||$464||$600||$36||$180||$1,538||$128|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$394||$480||$28||$144||$1,304||$109|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$258||$394||$480||$28||$144||$1,304||$109|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$394||$480||$28||$144||$1,304||$109|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$464||$480||$28||$144||$1,374||$115|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$464||$480||$28||$144||$1,374||$115|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$464||$480||$28||$144||$1,374||$115|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$288||$464||$480||$28||$144||$1,404||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence premiums considerably.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Dodge Dakota insurance costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The chart below shows how violations and fender-benders influence Dodge Dakota insurance prices for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance rates by age and gender in Jersey City
The information below compares Dodge Dakota annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The information below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Dakota premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Dakota replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Get Dodge Dakota Insurance More Affordably
It’s important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower insurance prices. Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The items below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Too many insurance claims will drive rates up – Auto insurance companies in New Jersey provide most affordable rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more money you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Premiums and your address – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Less people means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Cheaper rates by consolidating – Most major insurers apply discounts to clients who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare Dodge Dakota rates in Jersey City to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still find lower rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Liability is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Rates and job – Occupational choices like fire fighters, airline pilots, and stock brokers generally pay higher rates than average because of intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
Choosing the best Dakota insurance in New Jersey is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance is required by state law in New Jersey and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Ratings for Jersey City car insurance companies
Selecting the right auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Jersey City. The rank data listed below can help you choose which auto insurance companies to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance