The best way to find better pricing on Dodge Avenger insurance in Jersey City is to compare prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in New Jersey.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Avenger insurance in Jersey City. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop around once a year are inclined to move their business because the odds are good of finding a lower rate. A study showed that consumers who compared price quotes annually saved about $865 a year compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the most affordable Dodge Avenger insurance in Jersey City is the reason for your visit, then understanding how to get rate quotes and compare car insurance can save time and make the process easier.
Most of the larger companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get insurance quotes directly from their websites. Comparing Dodge Avenger insurance rates online doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply enter your coverage preferences on the page. After you complete the form, their system will obtain your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on the information you submitted.
The ability to get online quotes for Dodge Avenger insurance in Jersey City makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the best possible rates on auto insurance.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a fair comparison for similar coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Jersey City, NJ. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Choosing the best Dodge vehicle insurance in New Jersey is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Avenger in Jersey City, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will require you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Dodge and your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Dodge gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Rates and information analytics
The table shown below outlines a range of insurance policy prices for Dodge Avenger models. Having insight into how insurance prices are formulated can aid in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in your specific Jersey City location which can change premium rates considerably.
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Dodge Avenger insurance costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Get lower-cost Dodge Avenger insurance in Jersey City with discounts
Some companies don’t always list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Jersey City auto insurance quote.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Paperwork-free – Many companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- College Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Jersey City and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance on a new Avenger can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their company to analyze driving patterns remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount should definitely cut your policy premiums.
The chart below compares Dodge Avenger auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in New Jersey, click here.
Comparing rates from local Jersey City auto insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your information gets sent to companies in Jersey City who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Where are claims handled?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Jersey City?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Two types of Jersey City auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Jersey City agents can either be exclusive or independent. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn why they differ since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jersey City willing to provide price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Emad Soliman
844 Bergen Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 332-6999 – View Map
- Jared Bush – State Farm® Insurance Agent
725 John F. Kennedy Blvd – North Bergen, NJ 07047 – (201) 325-8880 – View Map
- Mansa Nicome – State Farm Insurance Agent
86 NJ-35 – Neptune City, NJ 07753 – (732) 776-9999 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Jersey City that are able to give comparison quotes.
- All Insurance Services Inc
574 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 963-8888 – View Map
- Dieugrand Insurance
582 West Side Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-1306 – View Map
- Exodus Insurance Services
758 Ocean Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 433-1015 – View Map
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Jersey City?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Dodge Avenger?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Jersey City auto insurance company ratings
Finding a highly-rated car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in New Jersey. The rank data in the lists below can help you decide which insurers you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
Shop smart and save
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Some car insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies. Discount Dodge Avenger insurance can be sourced online in addition to many Jersey City insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
We covered a lot of tips how to lower your Dodge Avenger insurance rates in Jersey City. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Jersey City auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)