Anyone knows that insurance companies don't want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year will most likely switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding better rates. A recent study showed that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved $70 a month compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding low prices for Chrysler Aspen insurance is the reason you're reading this, then learning about how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The recommended way to get cheaper Chrysler Aspen insurance in Jersey City is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers who sell insurance in New Jersey.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and a substandard credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. As soon as you can, place the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This provides a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Our goal in writing this article introduce you to how insurance works and some money-saving tips. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to find better prices using this information. Although New Jersey drivers must comprehend how insurance companies determine prices because it varies considerably.
Don't neglect these ten discounts on Chrysler Aspen insurance in Jersey City
Companies don't always list every possible discount in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Jersey City auto insurance online.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven't had any claims for a set time period.
- Club Memberships - Being a member of a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Driver Training Discounts - Successfully completing a safe driver course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Jersey City auto insurance quote. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Bundle and Save - When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Driver Education Discount - Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver's education class as it can save substantially.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way. But all discounts will cut the amount you pay for coverage.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for pay in full, multi-car, homeowner, good student, mature driver, and youthful driver.
- Esurance may offer discounts for safety device, renters, DriveSense, multi-policy, claim free, emergency road assistance, and good driver.
- State Farm has savings for multiple autos, defensive driving training, driver's education, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, military active duty, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Allstate may have discounts that include auto/life discount, FullPay discount, multi-policy, teenSMART discount, and passive restraint.
If you are trying to find cheaper Jersey City auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers with discount rates in Jersey City, click here.
All the larger insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide prices directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Chrysler Aspen insurance in Jersey City can be done by anyone as you simply type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. After the form is submitted, their system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on the data you entered. Using the web to get quotes for Chrysler Aspen insurance in Jersey City simplifies rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the most affordable premium on insurance.
If you want to compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you will get a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To buy cheap car insurance in NJ, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance quotes from local Jersey City insurance agencies
Many drivers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from small agencies is still important in Jersey City.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you want a local Jersey City insurance agent, there are two types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Jersey City are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are Jersey City independent insurance agents that may be able to give free insurance quotes.
GIM Agency Services Inc
263 Central Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 792-4188 - View Map
Lou Schloss Agency Inc
31 River Ct - Jersey City, NJ 07310 - (201) 626-7589 - View Map
These type of agents have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below are exclusive agencies in Jersey City willing to provide price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How long has their agency been open in Jersey City?
- What companies can they write with?
- Where are claims handled?
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is required in New Jersey but it also protects you in many ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your car, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler for a lot more money and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance protects both your Chrysler Aspen and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $700 annually so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the "other guys" are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Chrysler Aspen.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Aspen resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Aspen to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like structural damage, legal defense fees and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. New Jersey state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but it's recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not be enough coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses like dental work, pain medications, EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and surgery. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper car insurance in Jersey City is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, so you need to quote Jersey City auto insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don't offer internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)