If you want to save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper Chevy Captiva Sport insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from providers in Jersey City.
Step 1: Try to learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Find a Jersey City insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It goes without saying that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who perform rate comparisons are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding better rates. A recent study showed that consumers who shopped around every year saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance is your ultimate objective, then learning about how to compare insurance can make shopping around easier.
Four Tips to Get Cheaper Jersey City Insurance Prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices. Lots of things are used when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the items used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Safety first - Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Don't let your coverage lapse - Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Drive a fast car and pay more - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a huge difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums are usually found on smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Men drivers tend to cost more - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn't prove that females are better at driving than males. They both tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Chevy Captiva Sport insurance loss statistics - Auto insurance companies analyze historical claim data when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Captiva Sport Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in New Jersey. If you want cheaper car insurance in Jersey City, NJ, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy Captiva Sport, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it's important to compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper rates on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Jersey City with these insurance discounts
Companies don't always publicize every discount they offer very clearly, so below is a list both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance.
- Safe Drivers - Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Life Insurance - Larger companies have better prices if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Bundle and Save - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one insurance company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- No Claim Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some companies reward drivers for switching to them early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Distant Student - Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Jersey City and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Accident Waiver - This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your bill.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn't quite work that way.
Companies and some of the discounts are:
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for pay in full, switch companies, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, alternative fuel, and business and professional.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for driver training, renewal discount, safe driver, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, good driver, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, good student, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers discounts for bundle discounts, safe driver, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, teen safety rewards, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new graduate, safety features, new vehicle discount, new move discount, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, and exclusive group savings.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Jersey City. To locate companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Jersey City, click here.
Compare rates but work with a neighborhood Jersey City auto insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to have an agent's advice and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurance company shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Jersey City?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
If you need to find a local Jersey City insurance agency, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agencies in Jersey City can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can do a good job, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive agents can only write with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are well schooled on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low price.
The following are Jersey City exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Emad Soliman
844 Bergen Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 332-6999 - View Map
- Alberto Santana - State Farm Insurance Agent
1755 John F. Kennedy Blvd - Jersey City, NJ 07305 - (201) 332-3344 - View Map
- Hemant Jiwnani - State Farm Insurance Agent
2770 John F Kennedy Blvd, FL-1 - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 653-1770 - View Map
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to do anything. When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Jersey City that can give you rate quotes.
- Lou Schloss Agency Inc
31 River Ct - Jersey City, NJ 07310 - (201) 626-7589 - View Map
- Diaz Insurance Agency
815 Bergenline Ave - Union City, NJ 07087 - (201) 348-1288 - View Map
- Express Insurance
775 Newark Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 217-1780 - View Map
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Jersey City. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Chevrolet Captiva Sport insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, switching car insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More affordable car insurance in Jersey City can be purchased online in addition to many Jersey City insurance agents, so get free Jersey City car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don't offer price quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell through local independent agencies.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)