It's hard to believe, but most insurance buyers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Jersey City could save almost $720 a year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to shop their coverage around.
If you want to save money, the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Jersey City is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in New Jersey.
- Step 1: Read about individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Aveo insurance. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. As soon as you can, keep the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
A key point to remember is to make sure you're comparing similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to find the best rates using this strategy. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Jersey City is not rocket science. But New Jersey consumers need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to determine how much to charge because it can help you find the best coverage.
To get the cheapest Chevrolet Aveo rate quotes, there a variety of ways to compare prices from lots of New Jersey car insurance companies. The easiest way by far to compare Chevy Aveo insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to each insurance agency near you. The ability to get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible with some companies get the lowest quotes online and get advice from an agent in your area. When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing a wide range of rates helps improve the odds of finding the best price.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing the best vehicle insurance in New Jersey is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Aveo insurance, insuring your vehicle is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Chevy. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Detailed insurance information
The premium information displayed below showcases different coverage costs for Chevy Aveo models. Having a better idea how auto insurance policy rates are calculated can be valuable when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Hatchback||$412||$906||$648||$38||$194||$2,198||$183|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Sedan||$412||$906||$648||$38||$194||$2,198||$183|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Hatchback||$466||$906||$648||$38||$194||$2,252||$188|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Sedan||$466||$906||$648||$38||$194||$2,252||$188|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Jersey City which can modify coverage prices considerably.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevy Aveo car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in New Jersey. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There isn't a written rule of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevy Aveo settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing you more than $500 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Discount Jersey City car insurance quotes
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Save over 55 - Mature drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting insurance coverage on a new Aveo may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a house in Jersey City may earn you a small savings since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Good Students Pay Less - This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Jersey City and won't have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Drive Less and Save - Low annual miles could qualify for slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- One Accident Forgiven - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like Progressive and Allstate may permit one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, that's just not realistic. But all discounts should help reduce your policy premium.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Aveo car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving citations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Jersey City. For a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Jersey City, click here to view.
Local Jersey City auto insurance agents
Many people would rather have an agent's advice. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agents is important especially in Jersey City.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that provide free Jersey City auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won't even need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following are independent agencies in Jersey City that can possibly get you cheap rate quotes.
All Insurance Services Inc
574 Newark Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 963-8888 - View Map
These type of agents can only write with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Jersey City willing to provide price quote information.
Choosing the best insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Once you have received reasonable responses to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy. But keep in mind it's your policy and you can terminate coverage at any point so never assume that you are obligated to the auto insurance policy for a certain time period.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying coverage online or from an agent, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What is the ISO rating for a Chevy Aveo?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Ratings for Jersey City car insurance companies
Finding the top car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Jersey City. The company information in the lists below can help you analyze which insurers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Find cheap auto insurance rates by comparing often
Discount Chevy Aveo insurance in Jersey City can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Jersey City, so you need to shop Jersey City auto insurance with both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
You just read many ideas to find affordable Chevy Aveo insurance in Jersey City. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with a small mutual company.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent and policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)