Shockingly, most car insurance buyers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. New Jersey drivers can cut their rates by as much as 40% a year, but they won't spend time to compare rates.
The recommended way to find cheaper prices for BMW X1 insurance in Jersey City is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who sell insurance in New Jersey.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, careless driving and bad credit can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for instructions to prevent high rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper X1 coverage is available. If you find better rates, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. This ensures a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Car insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Companies offering auto insurance don't necessarily list every policy discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious car insurance savings.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a new X1 can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but certain companies permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple cars with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver's education course in high school.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn't quite work that way.
Some of the larger companies who might offer most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Jersey City. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in New Jersey, click here.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork because prices are sent to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Jersey City should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
If you would like to find a good Jersey City insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Jersey City are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it's worth learning the subtle differences since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type work for only one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Jersey City willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Emad Soliman
844 Bergen Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 332-6999 - View Map
- Joe Nachbaur - State Farm Insurance Agent
505 Central Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 222-8866 - View Map
- Hemant Jiwnani - State Farm Insurance Agent
2770 John F Kennedy Blvd, FL-1 - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 653-1770 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare prices from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent agents in Jersey City who can help you get rate quotes.
- Coe Insurance
2330 John F. Kennedy Blvd - Jersey City, NJ 07304 - (201) 435-4300 - View Map
- Blake Agency
370 Pacific Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07304 - (201) 209-0065 - View Map
- Lou Schloss Agency Inc
31 River Ct - Jersey City, NJ 07310 - (201) 626-7589 - View Map
Don't give up on affordable rates
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn't have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Budget-friendly insurance in Jersey City can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional insurance information can be found below:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)