It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who compare rates once a year are very likely to buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $70 a month as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Jersey City is your ultimate target, learning how to quote and compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier.
The recommended way to find discount Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Jersey City is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in New Jersey. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price like getting speeding tickets and poor credit history can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for information to get cheaper coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application for your new coverage. Don’t forget to store the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of this process is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Companies offering Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in New Jersey
The car insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in New Jersey. To get cheap auto insurance in Jersey City, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Analysis of Chrysler PT Cruiser rates
The rate information displayed next highlights estimates of policy rates for Chrysler PT Cruiser models. Having a better understanding of how insurance premiums are figured can be valuable when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$360||$632||$552||$32||$166||$1,742||$145|
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr||$360||$632||$552||$32||$166||$1,742||$145|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can revise price quotes noticeably.
Poor driving habits will raise your insurance rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders impact Chrysler PT Cruiser car insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chrysler PT Cruiser yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut rule to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chrysler PT Cruiser replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find cheap PT Cruiser insurance.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow companies to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Online Discount – Many auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy digitally online.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- College Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Jersey City and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Chrysler PT Cruiser car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few companies that may have most of these discounts possibly include:
When getting free Jersey City auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Jersey City. To choose auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
You may need help from a local insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to talk to a local agent. Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in New Jersey?
- How long has their agency been in business in Jersey City?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
If you want to use a local Jersey City insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can either be independent or exclusive. Either can write insurance policies, but it’s important to know the differences since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. They are highly trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Jersey City willing to provide price quotes.
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always include a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options.
The following are independent insurance agents in Jersey City who can help you get price quotes.
AMC Insurance Inc
958 Summit Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 656-1200 – View Map
582 West Side Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-1306 – View Map
Learn about insurance coverages for a Chrysler PT Cruiser
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a broken windshield, damage from flooding, hail damage, fire damage and theft. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Chrysler PT Cruiser.
Since many New Jersey drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses like X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, nursing services, surgery and dental work. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability insurance – This will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like funeral expenses, emergency aid, loss of income and medical services. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible. New Jersey requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your PT Cruiser resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your PT Cruiser to save money on collision insurance.
One last note
More affordable insurance in Jersey City is possible online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not offer online quoting and these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
As you quote Jersey City auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)