It's a fact that auto insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price are very likely to switch companies because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Chrysler 200 insurance in Jersey City is your objective, then having some knowledge of the best way to shop and compare insurance can save time and money.
The preferred way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in Jersey City. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
An important bit of advice to remember is to try to compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Comparing rates for the lowest-priced car insurance coverage in Jersey City is quite easy. Nearly each driver who is shopping for car insurance should buy a cheaper policy. Nevertheless, New Jersey consumers must understand how companies market insurance on the web because it varies considerably.
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from many different New Jersey insurance companies. The quickest method to do a complete rate comparison consists of obtaining rate quotes online. When price shopping your coverage, having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding better pricing.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To find cheap car insurance in Jersey City, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance is mandatory in New Jersey but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in New Jersey is wasting up to $825 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts can help lower rates on Chrysler 200 insurance in Jersey City
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some need to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Accident Waiver - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates if you have no claims before the accident.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- ABS Brakes - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Resident Student - Any of your kids living away from Jersey City attending college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for student away at school, good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, air bags, daytime running lights, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO has discounts for drive less, safe driver, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and accident prevention training.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for switch companies, multi-car, homeowner, mature driver, distant student, and business and professional.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, good driver, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and good student.
- USAA discounts include defensive driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, new vehicle, safe driver, good student, and military installation.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer free Chrysler 200 insurance quotes in Jersey City, click here to view.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions might help in determining if you might need an agent's assistance.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What is GAP insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.