Sad but true, the vast majority of insurance customers in New Jersey kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rate quotes at all. American drivers could cut their rates by about $859 a year, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The most effective way to find the cheapest price for Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Jersey City is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in New Jersey. This can be done by following these steps.
- Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a substandard credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for tips to lower rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. Be sure to safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
These techniques will familiarize you with the best ways to compare prices and some money-saving tips. If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas presented in this article. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper methods to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is not rocket science. The only requirement is to invest a little time to compare rates online from several insurance companies.
It’s so simple to compare car insurance quotes online takes the place of having to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. The internet reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional advice of a local agency. However, consumers can get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent.
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Jersey City, NJ. If you want cheap car insurance in NJ, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance can get complicated
When quoting and choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in New Jersey?
- Should I rate my Chevy TrailBlazer as pleasure use or commute?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying insurance from Jersey City car insurance agents
Many people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local insurance agencies is still important in Jersey City.
After completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Jersey City that can give you free Jersey City car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a local Jersey City insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Agencies in Jersey City can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out why they differ since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to check rates from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Jersey City who can help you get comparison quotes.
Sam’s Insurance and Travel
3396 John F. Kennedy Blvd – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 659-6800 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below are Jersey City exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
Picking the best car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- If they are an independent agency in Jersey City, which companies do they recommend?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Once you have received good feedback to these questions as well as affordable Chevrolet TrailBlazer insurance rates in Jersey City quotes, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.