No normal person likes buying auto insurance, especially knowing the prices are way too high.
It's easy to assume that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. People who shop around for the cheapest rate will most likely buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. Remarkably, a study showed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best price on Chevy Sonic insurance in Jersey City is your objective, then learning about how to find and compare auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
How to buy lower priced Chevy Sonic insurance in Jersey City
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Jersey City is to compare prices annually from different companies that sell auto insurance in New Jersey.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and a bad credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for tips to help reduce premium rates and find missing discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Make sure you keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
There is such a variety of insurers to purchase coverage from, and although it's a good thing to be able to choose, having more insurance companies makes it harder to find a good deal for Chevy Sonic insurance in Jersey City.
Consumers should take time to shop coverage around occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices change frequently. If you had the best deal on Chevy Sonic insurance in Jersey City a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of information about Sonic insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some good information on how to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Jersey City.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons for Chevy Sonic insurance in Jersey City is to take advantage of the fact car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data like whether you are single or married, daily mileage, how old drivers are, and if the vehicle is leased. Your insurance information is then sent to many of the top insurers and they respond with quotes very quickly.
To compare multiple company cheap Chevy Sonic insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To buy cheap car insurance in New Jersey, it's a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Don't overlook these Chevy Sonic insurance discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Save with a New Car - Putting insurance coverage on a new Sonic may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Home Ownership Discount - Simply owning a home can get you a discount because it shows financial diligence.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Jersey City drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Jersey City auto insurance quote as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Smart Student Discounts - This discount may save as much as 25% on a Jersey City auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for substantially lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
Don't be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To see providers with the best Chevy Sonic insurance discounts in Jersey City in Jersey City, click here.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your Chevy Sonic but also your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Jersey City overpays as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Ratings for Jersey City auto insurance companies
Finding a good quality insurance company is difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Jersey City. The rank data in the next section could help you select which insurers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
What if I want to buy from local Jersey City auto insurance agents?
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is still important in Jersey City.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Jersey City who will give you bids for your coverage. You won't need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies in Jersey City can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, you need to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Jersey City that may be able to give free car insurance quotes.
Sam's Insurance and Travel
3396 John F. Kennedy Blvd - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 659-6800 - View Map
Preferred Choice Insurance Agency
225 Newark Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07302 - (201) 616-7644 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jersey City who can help you get rate quotes.
Picking the best car insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Jersey City should know the answers to these questions.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Who are their largest clients?