Chevy Equinox insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
The best way we recommend to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in Jersey City is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who provide car insurance in New Jersey. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Jersey City. If you find better rates and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don't want you comparing rates. Insureds who rate shop once a year will probably buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent insurance study discovered that people who routinely shopped around saved on average $72 a month compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price on Chevy Equinox insurance in Jersey City is your ultimate goal, then having a grasp of how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can make shopping around easier.
Comparison shopping for the most affordable auto insurance coverage in Jersey City is not that difficult. If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Smart buyers just need to know the least time-consuming way to shop their coverage around from many different companies online.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes for Chevy Equinox insurance in Jersey City takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide information including deductibles desired, driver ages, how your vehicles are used, and if your license is active. Those rating factors is sent automatically to many different companies and you receive quotes immediately.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Jersey City.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in New Jersey. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Jersey City, NJ, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Chevy Equinox insurance in Jersey City
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you don't get every credit possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with some car insurance companies.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Select companies reward you with a lower price if you buy a life policy as well.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Jersey City auto insurance quote.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
The chart below shows the difference between Chevy Equinox insurance rates with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
To view insurance companies with significant discounts in New Jersey, click here.
Insurance rate breakdown
The rate information displayed below showcases detailed analysis of insurance costs for Chevy Equinox models. Learning more about how insurance policy rates are determined can be of help when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$472||$746||$630||$38||$188||$2,074||$173|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$472||$746||$630||$38||$188||$2,074||$173|
|Equinox LS AWD||$472||$746||$630||$38||$188||$2,074||$173|
|Equinox LT AWD||$472||$746||$630||$38||$188||$2,074||$173|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$532||$880||$630||$38||$188||$2,268||$189|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$532||$880||$630||$38||$188||$2,268||$189|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$532||$880||$630||$38||$188||$2,268||$189|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Jersey City which can raise or lower coverage prices greatly.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Chevy Equinox insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Cautious drivers save money
The diagram below illustrates how violations and accident claims can influence Chevy Equinox insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance agents can help
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Jersey City.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Jersey City that can provide free Jersey City auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies from which to choose. Jersey City agents can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can provide car insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand the subtle differences because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Jersey City that may be able to give comparison quotes.
- Dieugrand Insurance
582 West Side Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07304 - (201) 209-1306 - View Map
- Petrocci Agency
1674 John F. Kennedy Blvd # A - Jersey City, NJ 07305 - (201) 434-4760 - View Map
- Exodus Insurance Services
758 Ocean Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07304 - (201) 433-1015 - View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents partially due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Jersey City exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Tawanda Jackson - State Farm Insurance Agent
688 NJ-440 - Jersey City, NJ 07305 - (201) 209-0290 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance - Freddy Duran
1025 Summit Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 604-3874 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Karima Panjwani
591 Summit Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 793-7525 - View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- If they are an independent agency in Jersey City, which companies do they recommend?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Upon receiving good feedback to your questions as well as cheap Equinox insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you have the power to cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so never feel that you're stuck with your new company with no way to switch.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When selecting adequate coverage, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- How much liability coverage do I need in New Jersey?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chevy Equinox?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Seven Tips to Get Cheaper Jersey City Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time. When buying insurance it's important to understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower insurance prices.
Credit score impacts costs - Having a bad credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Equinox by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings - Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Chevy Equinox is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
Does car insurance cost less for females? - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn't mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both have fender benders at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
The diagram below compares Chevy Equinox insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Liability is cheap - Your policy's liability coverage will afford coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Don't abuse policy claims - Auto insurance companies in New Jersey give lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Multiple policies with one company can save - Most insurance companies apply better rates to customers who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Teenage drivers cost more - Older insureds are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance loss data for a Chevy Equinox - Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they file their rates in each state. Models that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Chevy Equinox vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 2WD||82||86||74||101||104||93|
|Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 4WD||84||88||85||89||93||81|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Here's why insurance is not optional
Even though Jersey City Equinox insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy Equinox and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When searching for affordable Chevrolet Equinox insurance quotes, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
There are still a few companies who don't offer price quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents. Cheaper Chevy Equinox insurance in Jersey City is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Jersey City agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in responding to claim requests or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
Additional insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jersey City Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)