Sadly, almost 70% of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. Jersey City insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to compare rate quotes.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest Pontiac GTO insurance is to annually compare prices from providers in Jersey City. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and maximum price selection.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but some need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable their company to spy on driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them with the same company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper GTO insurance.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Jersey City car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your auto insurance provider.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
For a list of auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in New Jersey, click here to view.
Most companies provide coverage price quotes on their websites. Doing online quotes for Pontiac GTO insurance in Jersey City is easy for anyone as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire on the page. When the form is submitted, the system requests information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on many factors. Using the web to get price quotes for Pontiac GTO insurance in Jersey City makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the lowest car insurance rates.
To find out what other companies charge, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information identical to your current policy. This ensures you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in New Jersey. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in New Jersey, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Smart Consumers Know How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
It’s important that you understand some of the things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
Shown below are a few of the things that factor into your prices.
- Consider raising deductibles – Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Pontiac. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield shattered by a rock, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Responsible credit means lower rates – Your credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with worse credit. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Pontiac GTO by repairing your credit.
- Cautious drivers pay less – How you drive can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Drivers with clean records get better prices than bad drivers. Only having one moving violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten severe violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may need to file a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Small coverages can add up – Policies have extra bells and whistles that can add up when buying car insurance. Insurance for rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Maintain car insurance coverage – Driving without insurance coverage in place can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the New Jersey motor vehicle department.
- Liability insurance is important – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required New Jersey minimum liability coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Does my Pontiac GTO need full coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What states are considered no-fault?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
When to get advice from an agent
Many people would rather go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to companies in Jersey City that give free quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. If you need to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
If you want to use local Jersey City agents, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can write car insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Jersey City that can give you rate quotes.
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Jersey City that are able to give price quotes.
370 Pacific Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-0065 – View Map
If you feel you receive positive responses to your questions and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to provide car insurance coverage.
Protect more than your vehicle
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Jersey City, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, almost every bank will require you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Pontiac for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Pontiac GTO. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Pontiac gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Persistent drivers can save
As you quote Jersey City car insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to save on Pontiac GTO insurance in Jersey City. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Jersey City car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More information can be found at the links below
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)