When trying to find cheaper insurance, are you overwhelmed by the number of car insurance choices in your area? Many other drivers are too. Vehicle owners have so many choices that it is a chore to lower your car insurance rates for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Jersey City. If you've ever been there, you know that Jersey City is an excellent city in which to live, but inflated car insurance rates can make it difficult for lots of drivers to buy proper levels of coverage.
Shocking but true, a large majority of car insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and almost half have never even compared rates from other companies. Most drivers in Jersey City could save themselves as much as 40% a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy.
It's smart to take a look at other company's rates before your next renewal because car insurance prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Jersey City two years ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because it's time to teach you the proper way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Best companies for Jeep Wrangler insurance
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Jersey City, NJ. If you want cheap car insurance in New Jersey, it's a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Jeep Wrangler coverage analysis
The price information displayed next showcases different coverage prices for Jeep Wrangler models. Having knowledge of how auto insurance premiums are determined is important to be able to make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$192||$286||$624||$36||$188||$1,326||$111|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$192||$286||$782||$46||$234||$1,540||$128|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$192||$366||$624||$36||$188||$1,406||$117|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$220||$286||$782||$46||$234||$1,568||$131|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$220||$366||$624||$36||$188||$1,434||$120|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$220||$286||$782||$46||$234||$1,568||$131|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$220||$286||$782||$46||$234||$1,568||$131|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$220||$366||$624||$36||$188||$1,434||$120|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$220||$366||$782||$46||$234||$1,648||$137|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$248||$366||$782||$46||$234||$1,676||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Jersey City which can raise or lower premium rates considerably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Jeep Wrangler annual premium costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Get cheap Jeep Wrangler insurance in Jersey City with discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you can get discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Membership in Organizations - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Jersey City could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Use Seat Belts - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Sign Online - Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way. But all discounts should help lower your overall premium however.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Wrangler premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or claims, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for good student, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, air bags, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for accident-free, good student, professional/association, type of vehicle, multi-policy, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for multi-car, teen driver, distant student, homeowner, good student, business and professional, and alternative fuel.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for safe vehicle, paid in full, multi-policy, company car, safe driver, teen driver, and paperless.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include preferred payment discount, good student, safety features, multi-car, and new vehicle discount.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, anti-theft, accident prevention training, and safe driver.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and online signing.
- USAA offers discounts for multi-policy, annual mileage, family discount, multi-vehicle, and new vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in every state. To choose auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Jersey City, click here.
How Insurance Providers Determine Jeep Wrangler Insurance Prices
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Many different elements are used when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Shown below are a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
Premiums for guys may be higher - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean men are worse drivers. They both get in accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Wrangler insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Get hitched and pay lower premiums - Having a wife or husband may save some money when shopping for insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more stable financially and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Low physical damage deductibles can be expensive - Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your Jeep. Some coverage claims would be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Your occupation may affect premiums - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as doctors, executives, and financial analysts have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from high stress levels and long work days. On the other hand, careers such as scientists, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Insurance loss data for a Jeep Wrangler - Companies analyze past claim statistics to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Jeep Wrangler vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Jeep Wrangler Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD 54 134 71 57 52 102 Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD 58 151 82 66 62 120BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance can get complicated
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Buying insurance from Jersey City insurance agents
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Jersey City.
After filling out this quick form, your information is emailed to insurance agents in Jersey City that can give you free Jersey City car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to your email. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
If you want a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agents in Jersey City can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you contact several independent agencies for the best price selection. They often place coverage with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Jersey City that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
- Lou Schloss Agency Inc
31 River Ct - Jersey City, NJ 07310 - (201) 626-7589 - View Map
- Express Insurance
775 Newark Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 217-1780 - View Map
- Arch Insurance
300 Exchange Pl - Jersey City, NJ 07311 - (201) 743-4000 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. They receive extensive training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Jersey City willing to provide price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Karima Panjwani
591 Summit Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 793-7525 - View Map
- Tawanda Jackson - State Farm Insurance Agent
688 NJ-440 - Jersey City, NJ 07305 - (201) 209-0290 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Emad Soliman
844 Bergen Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 332-6999 - View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Jersey City?
- What companies can they write with?
- How long has their agency been in business in Jersey City?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in New Jersey?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Jersey City?
Once you have received reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as affordable Jeep Wrangler insurance rates in Jersey City quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
How to find a good New Jersey car insurance company
Selecting the right insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in New Jersey. The company rank data displayed below can help you select which auto insurance companies to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
Get the best coverage at the best price
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium and policy non-renewal. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching insurance companies can be easier than you think.
Lower-priced insurance in Jersey City can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Jersey City insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
How to find affordable quotes for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Jersey City
If you want to save money, the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Jersey City is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies that insure vehicles in New Jersey.
First, try to comprehend how car insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations and bad credit can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Wrangler coverage is available. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new policy. Make sure you keep your new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important part of this process is that you'll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)