Are you searching for more competitive Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Jersey City? Searching for cheaper insurance for your Chevy Bolt EV in New Jersey can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance so we're going to tell you the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used Chevy and find the lowest price either online or from Jersey City insurance agents.
It's a good idea to compare rates occasionally because insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the lowest price on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Jersey City a year ago you may be paying too much now. There is too much inaccurate information about Bolt EV insurance online, but I'm going to show you some tested techniques to lower your insurance rates in Jersey City.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in New Jersey. To buy cheap car insurance in Jersey City, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Three good reasons to insure your Chevy Bolt EV
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Jersey City, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Bolt EV, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy for a lot more money and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects your Chevy and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Five factors that affect insurance prices
Many things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are a few of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Liability protection is cheap - Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are determined to be liable for an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Add-on coverages are wasting money - Policies have extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance are some examples. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don't need them remove them and pocket the money.
Getting married can save you money - Your spouse may cut your premiums on your auto insurance bill. It translates into being more mature and insurance companies like that married couples file fewer claims.
Never allow your auto insurance policy to lapse - Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license.
Drivers with high credit save - A driver's credit history can be an important factor in determining your rates. So if your credit can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Bolt EV by improving your credit score. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Jersey City
Some providers don't list every discount available very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance savings.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds who allow their insurance company to study their driving habits remotely such as Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- No Accidents - Good drivers with no accidents get the best insurance rates as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not really a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Driver's Education for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers take driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
Car insurance companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Jersey City. To see companies with discount insurance rates in Jersey City, click this link.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- Should I buy only the required New Jersey minimum liability coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in New Jersey?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Local Jersey City auto insurance agents
Some people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Jersey City who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best company shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Jersey City?
- How long has their agency been in business in Jersey City?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Types of auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy insurance from a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agencies can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can sell insurance policies, but it's important to know the differences because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Jersey City exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Joe Nachbaur - State Farm Insurance Agent
505 Central Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 222-8866 - View Map
- Mansa Nicome - State Farm Insurance Agent
86 NJ-35 - Neptune City, NJ 07753 - (732) 776-9999 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Karima Panjwani
591 Summit Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 793-7525 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company which requires no work on your part. If you need lower rates, we recommend you check rates from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Jersey City who can help you get price quotes.
- Dieugrand Insurance
582 West Side Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07304 - (201) 209-1306 - View Map
- GIM Agency Services Inc
263 Central Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 792-4188 - View Map
- AMC Insurance Inc
958 Summit Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 656-1200 - View Map
A conclusion for your insurance search
You just learned a lot of ways to compare Chevy Bolt EV insurance rates in Jersey City. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Lower-priced insurance in Jersey City is possible from both online companies in addition to many Jersey City insurance agents, so you need to shop Jersey City car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide online rate quotes and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
When you buy Jersey City car insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
How to find more affordable Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Jersey City
The preferred way to get cheaper Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Jersey City is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in New Jersey.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of individual coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that result in higher rates such as your driving record and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you're comparing similar limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Other learning opportunities
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Auto Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)