Finding the cheapest Jersey City Volvo S60 insurance quotes may seem to be problematic for drivers new to buying insurance on the internet. With a ridiculous number of insurers to choose from, how can drivers have a chance to compare every one to find the best available price?
How to find low-cost Volvo S60 insurance in Jersey City
Really, the only way to find cheaper Volvo S60 insurance in Jersey City is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who provide car insurance in New Jersey. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, get an understanding of how car insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. View insurance agents
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, safely store the certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. This guarantees a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
A recent survey discovered that most insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Jersey City drivers could cut their rates by roughly $720 a year, but they don’t know how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Smart consumers take time to check insurance prices at least once a year because insurance prices change frequently. If you had the best deal on Volvo S60 insurance in Jersey City a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we’re going to show you the right way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Quoting and comparing more affordable policy in Jersey City is easy to do. Nearly every vehicle owner who wants cheaper insurance stands a good chance to find a better price. Although New Jersey vehicle owners must understand the way insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Companies offering Volvo S60 insurance in Jersey City
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To locate cheaper auto insurance in Jersey City, NJ, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most competitive price.
Eight Tips to Get Lower-cost Jersey City Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into your rates.
Your vocation and auto insurance rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers like lawyers, airline pilots, and miners tend to pay the highest average rates due to intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, engineers and performers have lower than average premiums.
Location can influence price – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas regularly have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Teenage drivers pay higher prices – Young drivers in New Jersey are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
What are good liability protection limits? – Liability insurance will protect you if a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Gals tend to be lower risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Females and males cause accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Do you know your physical damage deductibles? – The deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Commute or pleasure use – The more miles you rack up on your Volvo every year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Cars that have low annual miles cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Make sure your auto insurance coverage correctly shows the right rating data. A policy that improperly rates your S60 is throwing money out the window.
A good credit rating can save money – Credit rating can be a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit. If your credit can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Volvo S60 if you improve your credit rating.
Volvo S60 claim data – Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volvo S60 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S60 4dr 2WD||103||85||83||76||72||65|
|Volvo S60 4dr 4WD||111||73||90||65||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help lower premiums on Volvo S60 insurance in Jersey City
Car insurance companies do not advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Jersey City auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current S60 insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get better insurance rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Jersey City, click this link.
When do I need to have guidance from an insurance agency?
A lot of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Jersey City.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Jersey City who will give you quotes to get your business. There is no reason to even leave your home since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they work. Agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Most also write with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below are independent agencies in Jersey City who may be able to give you price quote information.
- Petrocci Agency
1674 John F. Kennedy Blvd # A – Jersey City, NJ 07305 – (201) 434-4760 – View Map
- Coe Insurance
2330 John F. Kennedy Blvd – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 435-4300 – View Map
- GG Insurance – Independent Insurance Agent
270 Marin Boulevard, Metropolis Towers Suite #14D – Jersey City, NJ 07302 – (800) 801-0394 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. These agents are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jersey City that can give you price quotes.
- Tawanda Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
688 NJ-440 – Jersey City, NJ 07305 – (201) 209-0290 – View Map
- Mansa Nicome – State Farm Insurance Agent
86 NJ-35 – Neptune City, NJ 07753 – (732) 776-9999 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance – Freddy Duran
1025 Summit Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 604-3874 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
New Jersey car insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated company can be difficult considering how many choices you have in Jersey City. The rank data listed below can help you analyze which car insurance providers you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- USAA – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
How much insurance do I need?
When buying adequate coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in New Jersey?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Persistent drivers can save
There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents. Cheaper Volvo S60 insurance in Jersey City can be found on the web and from local agencies, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to find low-cost Volvo S60 insurance in Jersey City
The most effective way to find cheaper prices for Volvo S60 insurance in Jersey City is to compare quotes annually from providers in New Jersey.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Additional car insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Auto Insurance Quotes for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much are Jersey City Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)