Purchasing budget-priced Jersey City Mercury Sable insurance quotes can seem to be intimidating for drivers who are new to online price comparisons. With such a big selection of agents and insurers to choose from, how are drivers expected to have time to compare all the different companies and get the cheapest price possible?
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who rate shop once a year are likely to switch companies because there is a great chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that people who shopped around saved as much as $72 a month compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price on insurance in Jersey City is why you’re here, then learning about the best ways to find and compare coverages can make it easier to find better rates.
Consumers should take time to compare premium rates as often as possible because insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the lowest rates on Mercury Sable insurance in Jersey City at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Sable insurance online but we’re going to give you some of the best techniques to find affordable insurance in Jersey City.
This article’s goal is to teach you the best way to quote coverages and how to save the most money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to save money using the ideas presented in this article. But New Jersey drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies charge you for coverage because it can help you find the best coverage.
When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting lower pricing. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Jersey City, NJ. To find cheaper auto insurance in Jersey City, NJ, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Jersey City auto insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Mercury Sable insurance in Jersey City.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a course in driver safety could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Jersey City auto insurance quote.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles can qualify you for substantially lower auto insurance rates.
- Early Signing – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Jersey City auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
Some companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Jersey City.
What if I want to buy from local Jersey City car insurance agents?
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheaper rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important particularly in Jersey City.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Jersey City who will return price quotes for your coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
When finding a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business through many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to contact a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with smaller companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Jersey City who may provide competitive price quotes.
- Blake Agency
370 Pacific Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-0065 – View Map
- ABL Insurance Services
910 Bergen Ave # 307 – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 222-1314 – View Map
- GIM Agency Services Inc
263 Central Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 792-4188 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jersey City willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Mansa Nicome – State Farm Insurance Agent
86 NJ-35 – Neptune City, NJ 07753 – (732) 776-9999 – View Map
- Tawanda Jackson – State Farm Insurance Agent
688 NJ-440 – Jersey City, NJ 07305 – (201) 209-0290 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Mofalc Meinga
447 Central Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 435-1616 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What does medical payments cover?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Jersey City?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Mercury Sable.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/5 in New Jersey), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills such as surgery, funeral costs, prosthetic devices and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage, damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a deer. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This pays for damage to your Sable caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your Sable to bring the cost down.
Liability car insurance
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/5 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, emergency aid, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. New Jersey state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Smart consumers save more
We just covered a lot of tips how to reduce Mercury Sable insurance premium rates online in Jersey City. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Jersey City auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver and even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider can be less work than you think.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Mercury Sable insurance in Jersey City
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Jersey City.
- Take a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the newly selected company. When you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)