The best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Jersey City. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for additional tips to keep prices down and find additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. U.S. drivers could save approximately 47% every year, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to compare rates.
If you're already insured or need a new policy, you can use these tips to get lower rates and still get good coverage. This article's intent is to teach you the most effective way to quote insurance. Shoppers just have to learn the quickest way to compare rate quotes from multiple carriers.
Finding low cost insurance prices doesn't have to be difficult. All that's required is to take time comparing price quotes to discover which company has cheaper Jersey City auto insurance quotes.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in New Jersey. If your goal is to find the best cheap car insurance in NJ, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lexus RX 450h insurance rate analysis
The coverage table displayed next outlines detailed analysis of insurance prices for Lexus RX 450h models. Learning as much as possible about how car insurance premiums are determined can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX 450H Hybrid 2WD 4-Dr||$248||$524||$570||$34||$170||$1,546||$129|
|RX 450H Hybrid 4WD 4-Dr||$248||$524||$570||$34||$170||$1,546||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact prices considerably.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Lexus RX 450h insurance prices for each age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of Lexus RX 450h annual premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lexus RX 450h liability-only versus full coverage
The diagram below compares Lexus RX 450h yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no exact rule to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Lexus RX 450h book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $500 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus RX 450h in Jersey City, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Lexus at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $750 every year so compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Informed Drivers Know How to Buy Car Insurance at a Discount
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Avoid car insurance policy lapses - Going without insurance is a quick way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Pleasure use saves money - The more you drive your Lexus every year the more you'll pay to insure it. Almost all companies rate vehicles partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your vehicle rating is rated on annual mileage, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your RX 450h is throwing money out the window.
- Why do you need liability coverage? - Liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Frequent policy claims will increase rates - Car insurance companies in New Jersey provide cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Car and home together may be cheaper - Some insurance companies apply a discount to buyers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most. It's possible to still find a better deal by buying from different companies
Lexus RX 450h claim data - Companies use statistical claims data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that statistically have increased losses will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Lexus RX 450h vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Values under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
Lexus RX 450h Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus RX 450h Hybrid 4dr 2WD 125 119 110 60 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid 4dr 4WD 144 112 136 79 57 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some companies don't necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Jersey City auto insurance online.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- College Student - Children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Life Insurance Discount - Select insurance carriers reward you with a break if you buy life insurance.
- Clubs and Organizations - Joining certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you may earn over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Good Driver Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Lexus RX 450h premium costs with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, air bags, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO offers discounts including accident prevention training, anti-theft, homeowner, drive less, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, good driver, and claim-free.
- 21st Century offers discounts for air bags, teen driver, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, defensive driver, good student, and student driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online signing.
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Jersey City. If you would like to view car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Jersey City, click this link.
Comparing quotes from local Jersey City auto insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Most agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Jersey City.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Jersey City who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Different types of Jersey City car insurance agents
If you would like to find a local Jersey City insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Jersey City can either be independent or exclusive. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn how they are different because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. If you are comparing insurance prices, it's recommended you get quotes from several independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Below are Jersey City independent agents who may be able to give you pricing information.
- All Insurance Services Inc
574 Newark Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 963-8888 - View Map
- Cheap Car Insurance Quotes Auto Newark NJ
268 W KINNEY ST - Newark, NJ 07103 - (888) 290-0635 - View Map
- AllState Agent
07305, 701 NJ-440 - Jersey City, NJ 07304 - (201) 515-3499 - View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand name rather than low price.
Below are exclusive agents in Jersey City who can help you get price quote information.
- Alberto Santana - State Farm Insurance Agent
1755 John F. Kennedy Blvd - Jersey City, NJ 07305 - (201) 332-3344 - View Map
- Joe Nachbaur - State Farm Insurance Agent
505 Central Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07307 - (201) 222-8866 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Emad Soliman
844 Bergen Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07306 - (201) 332-6999 - View Map
Choosing an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Jersey City should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Jersey City?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
Best car insurance in New Jersey
Selecting the highest-rated car insurance provider is hard considering how many companies sell coverage in Jersey City. The rank data in the lists below could help you choose which insurers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- The Hartford - 93%
- Progressive - 90%
- 21st Century - 89%
- USAA - 87%
- Mercury Insurance - 87%
- State Farm - 87%
- Travelers - 87%
- Safeco Insurance - 86%
- AAA Insurance - 86%
- American Family - 85%
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- American Family
Be persistent to save money
Lower-priced Lexus RX 450h insurance in Jersey City is definitely available online and with local Jersey City insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don't offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies work with local independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
We just showed you many ideas to get a better price on Lexus RX 450h insurance in Jersey City. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Jersey City auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- How Much is Jersey City Car Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)