Sad but true, most consumers in New Jersey have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Drivers in the U.S. could save about $860 every year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The best way to save money on car insurance rates in Jersey City is to compare prices regularly from companies in New Jersey. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents and a poor credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on FX35 insurance. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Getting a low cost price on insurance is surprisingly easy. All that’s required is to spend a little time comparing price quotes online with multiple companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting Infiniti FX35 insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you require the peace of mind that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible with some companies compare online quotes but still have the advice of a local agent.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Why you need insurance for your FX35
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Jersey City, insurance is mandatory in New Jersey but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Infiniti, almost every bank will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Infiniti for a lot more money and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Infiniti. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Coverage statistics and figures
The coverage table below highlights different insurance costs for Infiniti FX35 models. Being more informed about how rates are formulated is important to be able to make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FX35 2WD 4-Dr||$380||$684||$544||$32||$162||$1,802||$150|
|FX35 AWD 4-Dr||$380||$684||$544||$32||$162||$1,802||$150|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect premium rates considerably.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Infiniti FX35 premium costs for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can affect Infiniti FX35 annual premium costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Cost of full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Infiniti FX35 car insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut formula to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Infiniti FX35 claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $800 a year for full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Discount Jersey City insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- E-sign Discounts – A few insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on the internet.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow companies to study vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
The illustration below shows the difference between Infiniti FX35 auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, multiple autos, good student, student away at school, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include distant student, youthful driver, pay in full, alternative fuel, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, and mature driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, driver training, good student, air bags, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for paid in full, anti-theft, safe vehicle, group or association, anti-lock brakes, good student, and company car.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, driver training, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, good student, multi-policy, driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and 55 and retired.
- USAA has discounts for multi-policy, good student, vehicle storage, annual mileage, and military installation.
When quoting, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not be offered in every state. To see insurers with the best discounts in Jersey City, click this link.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Infiniti FX35?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
How to find a good Jersey City car insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the right car insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in New Jersey. The ranking information listed below can help you choose which companies to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance