If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper Honda Fit insurance in Jersey City is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in New Jersey. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides the details to help keep prices low and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. View prices
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if you can save on Fit insurance in Jersey City. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Be sure to put the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s a fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who compare price quotes will most likely switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding lower rate quotes. A survey found that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved $860 a year compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on Honda Fit insurance in Jersey City is your ultimate objective, then understanding how to get rate quotes and compare insurance rates can save time and make the process easier.
If you currently have insurance, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. We hope to let you in on how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. Although New Jersey consumers do need to know how companies determine premium rates and use it to your advantage.
Learn How to Get Car Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with big savings. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are some of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Liability coverage is important – Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Drive a fast vehicle and pay more – The performance of the car or truck you need to insure makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The lowest premiums will generally be found on low performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The chart below uses these variables: married female driver age 30, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Honda Fit insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of performance risks.
- Big cities have higher costs – Residing in a small town can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have to deal with congested traffic and more severe claims. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
- Occupation stress can make you pay more – Careers like doctors, airline pilots, and miners generally have higher premium rates in part from intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations such as actors, students and performers have lower than average premiums.
Honda Fit claim data – Auto insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will have a higher cost to insure. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Honda Fit vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Fit Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Fit 89 78 90 99 97 92BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most of the larger companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get prices directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Honda Fit insurance in Jersey City is quite easy because you just enter your personal and coverage information into the form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system obtains your driving record and credit report and quotes a price based on these factors.
Being able to quote online for Honda Fit insurance in Jersey City makes comparing rates easy, and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the cheapest insurance rates.
To find out if lower rates are available, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Jersey City, NJ. To buy cheap auto insurance in Jersey City, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Honda Fit insurance charts and tables
The information displayed below covers different coverage prices for Honda Fit models. Being aware of how prices are figured can help guide drivers when making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fit Sport VSA||$236||$506||$304||$18||$92||$1,156||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in Jersey City location which can revise premium rates substantially.
Honda Fit insurance rates: Men versus women
The illustration below shows the difference between Honda Fit insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Here’s why insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda Fit in Jersey City, insurance is required in New Jersey but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda Fit has a lienholder, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Honda for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in New Jersey overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Jersey City auto insurance discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save up to 20% and get you inexpensive Honda Fit insurance in Jersey City.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get slightly better prices than normal.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Data Collection Discounts – Jersey City drivers who agree to allow data collection to spy on driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your policy.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Honda Fit insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, student away at school, good driver, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good student
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include driver training, renewal discount, multi-policy, safe driver, good student, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, five-year accident-free, federal employee, driver training, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO offers discounts for homeowner, multi-car, drive less, anti-theft, accident prevention training, safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
When getting free Jersey City auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts might not be offered in Jersey City. To see a list of auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Jersey City, click this link.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Jersey City.
After filling out this quick form, your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent because prices are sent to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Two types of Jersey City auto insurance agents
If you need to find a local Jersey City insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Jersey City that can possibly get you pricing information.
- ABL Insurance Services
910 Bergen Ave # 307 – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 222-1314 – View Map
- Sam’s Insurance and Travel
3396 John F. Kennedy Blvd – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 659-6800 – View Map
- GIM Agency Services Inc
263 Central Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 792-4188 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents write business for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people use the same agent primarily because of the brand name rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jersey City that can give you comparison quotes.
- Jared Bush – State Farm® Insurance Agent
725 John F. Kennedy Blvd – North Bergen, NJ 07047 – (201) 325-8880 – View Map
- Mansa Nicome – State Farm Insurance Agent
86 NJ-35 – Neptune City, NJ 07753 – (732) 776-9999 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Emad Soliman
844 Bergen Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 332-6999 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Jersey City?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim or delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When you buy Jersey City auto insurance online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
The cheapest Honda Fit insurance in Jersey City is definitely available both online in addition to many Jersey City insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not offer online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found by following these links:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Jersey City, New Jersey? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Edge in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)