Do you want a faster way to compare more competitive GMC Yukon insurance in Jersey City? Scraping up a payment for expensive GMC Yukon insurance in Jersey City can take a big chunk out of your budget and force you to tighten up your finances. Comparing cost estimates is a smart way to lower your bills every month.
Everyone knows that insurance companies don't want you shop around. Insureds who get price quotes annually will probably buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey found that drivers who compared rates annually saved approximately $70 a month compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly GMC Yukon insurance in Jersey City is the reason for your visit, understanding the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money. Since people have many choices of insurance companies that have lower-cost insurance for a GMC Yukon in Jersey City, it can be hard to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
Reducing your insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. All you need to do is invest a little time to compare rate quotes to find out which insurance company has the cheapest GMC Yukon rate quotes.
It's so fast and easy to compare rates online that it replaces the need to drive around to insurance agents' offices. Comparing GMC Yukon insurance rates online has made agencies unnecessary unless you prefer the professional guidance of a local agent. You can, however, comparison shop your insurance online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Jersey City, NJ. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Jersey City, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Jersey City, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Yukon, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your GMC for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It also can pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your GMC as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
The rate information shown below covers estimates of insurance costs for GMC Yukon models. Learning a little about how auto insurance prices are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yukon SLE 2WD||$294||$494||$504||$30||$152||$1,474||$123|
|Yukon SLE 4WD||$294||$494||$504||$30||$152||$1,474||$123|
|Yukon SLT 2WD||$294||$494||$504||$30||$152||$1,474||$123|
|Yukon SLT 4WD||$326||$494||$504||$30||$152||$1,506||$126|
|Yukon Denali 2WD||$326||$582||$504||$30||$152||$1,594||$133|
|Yukon Denali 4WD||$326||$582||$504||$30||$152||$1,594||$133|
|Yukon Hybrid 2WD||$326||$670||$570||$34||$170||$1,770||$148|
|Yukon Hybrid 4WD||$326||$670||$570||$34||$170||$1,770||$148|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 2WD||$360||$760||$570||$34||$170||$1,894||$158|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 4WD||$360||$760||$570||$34||$170||$1,894||$158|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in Jersey City location which can modify coverage prices noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The information below illustrates the difference between GMC Yukon insurance costs with and without full coverage. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no clear-cut formula for phasing out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your GMC Yukon replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Get cheaper GMC Yukon insurance rates in Jersey City
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors could receive reduced rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates in comparison to bad drivers.
- New Vehicle Savings - Putting insurance coverage on a new Yukon may earn a small discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
Don't be shocked that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, you won't be that lucky.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between GMC Yukon car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, student away at school, anti-theft, good driver, driver's education, and defensive driving training.
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, good driver, early bird, accident-free, bundled insurance, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for annual mileage, professional/association, good student, ease of repair, anti-theft, multi-car, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include business and professional, alternative fuel, pay in full, youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
When getting free Jersey City car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer free GMC Yukon insurance quotes in New Jersey, follow this link.