A recent study showed that 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Jersey City insurance shoppers can cut their rates by almost 40% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
The preferred way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Jersey City. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that increase rates like at-fault accidents and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on C-Max Hybrid insurance. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the newly selected company. Once received, place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
An important note is to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Locating the best rates in Jersey City is really not that difficult. If you currently have insurance, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Vehicle owners just have to know the tricks to shop from multiple carriers.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Jersey City, NJ. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in NJ, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Jersey City
Some insurers do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings as much as 30%.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles can earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Jersey City.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
To locate insurers who offer cheap Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance quotes in Jersey City in Jersey City, click here to view.
Why you need quality insurance for your C-Max Hybrid
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford C-Max Hybrid in Jersey City, paying for insurance is mandatory in New Jersey but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Ford C-Max Hybrid. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Finding a highly-rated car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in New Jersey. The ranking information in the lists below could help you pick which companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Local Jersey City insurance agents
A lot of people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Jersey City that give free quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in New Jersey?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
When researching a good insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Jersey City agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can provide car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Jersey City willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Jersey City who can help you get rate quotes.
Lou Schloss Agency Inc
31 River Ct – Jersey City, NJ 07310 – (201) 626-7589 – View Map
582 West Side Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07304 – (201) 209-1306 – View Map