It’s amazing but nearly 70% of New Jersey drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and just under half have never shopped around. Most drivers in the United States could save about 47% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
The best way we recommend to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Jersey City is to compare prices regularly from different companies who can sell car insurance in New Jersey.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic citations and a low credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to get low prices and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Classic coverage is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. Be sure to place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Chevy Classic insurance in Jersey City is to realize all the major auto insurance companies have advanced systems to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including an estimate of your credit level, if your license is active, if the car is leased, and the ages of drivers. Your insurance information is instantly submitted to all major companies and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Jersey City.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Jersey City, NJ. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Jersey City, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Reduce your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so we break down a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total Classic insurance premium.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 shop Jersey City car insurance on their website.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles could qualify for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Memberships – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a class that teaches safe driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
To locate insurers with significant discounts in Jersey City, follow this link.
Why you need insurance for your Chevy vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Classic in Jersey City, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Classic, most banks will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Chevy but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Classic definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Chevy Classic?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- How much liability insurance is required?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance agents can help
A small number of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Jersey City that give free quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Best auto insurance agent in Jersey City
If you want an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies to choose from. Agents in Jersey City are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it can impact the selection process.
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are Jersey City exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quote information.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies through many different auto insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Jersey City who can help you get rate quotes.
ABL Insurance Services
910 Bergen Ave # 307 – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 222-1314 – View Map
Lou Schloss Agency Inc
31 River Ct – Jersey City, NJ 07310 – (201) 626-7589 – View Map