If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest Cadillac ATS insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Jersey City. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new insurer. When you receive it, place your new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One important bit of advice is that you'll want to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $2,000, Jersey City drivers could save themselves as much as 40% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
We hope to teach you how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using this strategy. But New Jersey vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
How to find the cheapest Cadillac ATS insurance in Jersey City, New Jersey
To find low cost quotes, there are a couple of ways to obtain and compare prices from many available insurance companies in New Jersey. One of the best ways to do a complete rate comparison consists of shopping online.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it makes it obsolete to drive around to local Jersey City insurance agencies. Comparing Cadillac ATS insurance rates online makes this process obsolete unless you have a complicated situation and need the peace of mind of a local Jersey City agent. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online and still use a local agent. It's important to know that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find a better price. Not every company allows you to get online rate quotes, so it's necessary to compare rates from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in New Jersey. To buy cheap car insurance in Jersey City, NJ, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Get affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize all possible discounts very well, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Jersey City car insurance online.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Distant Student - Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don't have a car could get you a discount.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Telematics Data - People who choose to allow driving data submission to analyze driving manner by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Paperless Signup - Some insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Senior Discount - Mature drivers are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- American Family has discounts for mySafetyValet, good driver, defensive driver, air bags, and bundled insurance.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, youthful driver, good student, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- State Farm has savings for defensive driving training, anti-theft, multiple policy, driver's education, and good driver.
- Travelers discounts include continuous insurance, new car, save driver, driver training, and payment discounts.
- The Hartford offers discounts for driver training, defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, driver training, anti-theft, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and emergency military deployment.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
It's a good idea to ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Jersey City.
New Jersey car insurance companies ranked
Choosing a high-quality insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in New Jersey. The ranking data shown below may help you select which car insurance providers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are more obscure like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that help calculate your insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower insurance rates - Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent auto theft.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? - The performance level of the car you own makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest rates are generally reserved for low performance passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- City dwellers may pay more - Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas tend to have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Policy claims cost money - Insurance companies in New Jersey award the best rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you file a lot of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Careless drivers pay higher rates - Having a clean driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to careless drivers. Having just one chargeable violation can bump up the cost to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers with multiple citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Insurance losses for a Cadillac ATS - Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help determine prices. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher premium rate.
The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Cadillac ATS Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Cadillac Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years