Scraping up a payment for expensive Buick Verano insurance in Jersey City can eat up your checking account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Getting a rate comparison is a smart way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who get comparison quotes once a year will probably switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding lower rate quotes. A recent study showed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved as much as $72 a month compared to other drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best price on insurance is your target objective, then knowing how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can save time, money, and frustration. Due to the increasing number of companies to choose from that have cheaper insurance for a Buick Verano in Jersey City, it is hard for the average consumer to choose the lowest cost insurer.
Our objective in writing this article is to teach you the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and some tips to save money. If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to buy car insurance from multiple carriers.
Companies offering Buick Verano insurance in New Jersey
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in New Jersey. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in NJ, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
What Affects Buick Verano Insurance Rates?
Lots of things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you fines or a revoked license. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the New Jersey department of motor vehicles.
- Credit rating impacts costs – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. If your credit rating can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Buick Verano if you clean up your credit.
- Defend yourself with liability insurance – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Tickets will cost you – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Only having one moving violation may increase your cost substantially. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who get serious citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Save money with theft deterrents – Driving a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent auto theft.
Insurance losses for a Buick Verano – Insurance companies use claims history when setting rates for each model. Models that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure.
The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Buick Verano vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Buick Verano Vehicles Specific Buick Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Verano 92 96 85 109 127 126BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money with these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Jersey City auto insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Verano can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors can get a slight reduction on a Jersey City auto insurance quote.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Jersey City can get you a small discount when getting a Jersey City auto insurance quote.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current Verano insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Jersey City auto insurance online.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Buick could qualify for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will reduce your premiums.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for annual mileage, ease of repair, age of vehicle, multi-car, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for business and professional, mature driver, alternative fuel, pay in full, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for multi-policy, youthful driver, safe driver, good student, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, multiple autos, student away at school, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- Allstate offers discounts including farm vehicle, 55 and retired, new car, eSmart discount, good student, anti-lock brakes, and teenSMART discount.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, air bags, and federal employee.
Before buying, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Jersey City. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in New Jersey, click here.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
A lot of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Jersey City.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Jersey City who will return price quotes for your business. There is no reason to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Different types of auto insurance agents in Jersey City
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Jersey City agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you contact several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Jersey City that may be able to give you price quotes.
Preferred Choice Insurance Agency
225 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07302 – (201) 616-7644 – View Map
45 Laidlaw Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 659-6050 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Jersey City who can help you get price quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How are they compensated?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Best auto insurance company in New Jersey
Choosing a good quality car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Jersey City. The ranking information in the next section can help you pick which car insurance companies to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Jersey City Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Cheap auto insurance premiums are out there
When you buy Jersey City auto insurance online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers work with independent agents. Cheaper auto insurance in Jersey City is possible both online and with local Jersey City insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
Steps to saving money on Buick Verano insurance in Jersey City
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for car insurance rates in Jersey City is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in New Jersey. This can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand individual coverages and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Jersey City. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Additional information can be read below:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)