If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Toyota Yaris insurance in Jersey City is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who sell auto insurance in New Jersey. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the things you can change to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic citations and poor credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. View rates
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Yaris coverage is available in Jersey City. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who do rate comparisons are very likely to buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A study showed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved an average of $70 a month as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Toyota Yaris insurance in Jersey City is your goal, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can help simplify the process.
When looking for affordable Jersey City car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rate quotes from many insurance companies in New Jersey. The best way to find cheaper Toyota Yaris rates involves getting comparison quotes online. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Get cheaper rates on Toyota Yaris insurance in Jersey City with these ten car insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Yaris insurance in Jersey City.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some car insurance companies.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The illustration below shows the difference between Toyota Yaris annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, multiple autos, passive restraint, good driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, seat belt use, multi-policy, and air bags.
- SAFECO includes discounts for multi-car, drive less, teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
If you want low cost Jersey City car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not be offered everywhere. To see a list of car insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in New Jersey, click this link.
Toyota Yaris detailed coverage information
The table below outlines estimates of rate quotes for Toyota Yaris models. Having a good understanding how car insurance prices are formulated can be useful when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yaris 2-Dr Hatchback||$310||$770||$614||$36||$184||$1,914||$160|
|Yaris 4-Dr Hatchback||$310||$770||$544||$32||$162||$1,818||$152|
|Yaris 4-Dr Sedan||$310||$770||$544||$32||$162||$1,818||$152|
|Yaris S 2-Dr Hatchback||$356||$770||$614||$36||$184||$1,960||$163|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Hatchback||$356||$770||$544||$32||$162||$1,864||$155|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Sedan||$356||$770||$544||$32||$162||$1,864||$155|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect prices substantially.
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Toyota Yaris yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance premiums based on gender
The information below illustrates the difference between Toyota Yaris annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Yaris insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no exact rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Toyota Yaris replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
When should I get advice from a local insurance agent?
Some people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Jersey City.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Jersey City that can give you free Jersey City car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without a big time investment. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Jersey City can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you should always contact at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of which may provide better rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Jersey City that can give you free insurance quotes.
- Sam’s Insurance and Travel
3396 John F. Kennedy Blvd – Jersey City, NJ 07307 – (201) 659-6800 – View Map
- MOMS Insurance Agency
155 Martin Luther King Dr B – Jersey City, NJ 07305 – (201) 451-3200 – View Map
- Diaz Insurance Agency
815 Bergenline Ave – Union City, NJ 07087 – (201) 348-1288 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are Jersey City exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Emad Soliman
844 Bergen Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 332-6999 – View Map
- Hemant Jiwnani – State Farm Insurance Agent
2770 John F Kennedy Blvd, FL-1 – Jersey City, NJ 07306 – (201) 653-1770 – View Map
- Jared Bush – State Farm® Insurance Agent
725 John F. Kennedy Blvd – North Bergen, NJ 07047 – (201) 325-8880 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Jersey City?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in New Jersey?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What policy terms are available?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills like doctor visits, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Yaris resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible on your Yaris to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Toyota Yaris.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 15/30/5 which means $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, funeral expenses, medical expenses, pain and suffering and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. New Jersey requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from flooding, hail damage and fire damage. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Quote often and quote early
As you shop your coverage around, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Jersey City can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, so get free Jersey City car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
We covered many tips how you can lower your Toyota Yaris insurance rates in Jersey City. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Jersey City, New Jersey? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)