If shopping for Jersey City car insurance quotes online is new to you, chances are good that you are confused by the vast assortment of insurance companies that all say they have the best rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Jersey City.
How to find the cheapest rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Jersey City
The recommended way to save money on Chevy Silverado insurance in Jersey City is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in New Jersey. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates like getting speeding tickets and a poor credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for instructions to keep prices down and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It's well known that car insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year are highly likely to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding better rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely compared rates saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on Chevy Silverado insurance in Jersey City is your objective, learning how to choose a company and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
Premium rates and analysis
The data table shown next covers detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Chevy Silverado models. Having insight into how insurance policy premiums are calculated can assist in making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$310||$602||$570||$34||$170||$1,686||$141|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$310||$602||$504||$30||$152||$1,598||$133|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$356||$732||$570||$34||$170||$1,862||$155|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$356||$732||$570||$34||$170||$1,862||$155|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$356||$732||$504||$30||$152||$1,774||$148|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$356||$732||$504||$30||$152||$1,774||$148|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$356||$732||$570||$34||$170||$1,862||$155|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$356||$732||$570||$34||$170||$1,862||$155|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$402||$862||$504||$30||$152||$1,950||$163|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$402||$862||$570||$34||$170||$2,038||$170|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$402||$862||$504||$30||$152||$1,950||$163|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$402||$862||$570||$34||$170||$2,038||$170|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$402||$862||$570||$34||$170||$2,038||$170|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$402||$862||$504||$30||$152||$1,950||$163|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$402||$862||$570||$34||$170||$2,038||$170|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$402||$862||$504||$30||$152||$1,950||$163|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$402||$992||$504||$30||$152||$2,080||$173|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$448||$992||$504||$30||$152||$2,126||$177|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify premium rates considerably.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Chevy Silverado insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Do you need full coverage?
The example below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula that works best for making the decision to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevy Silverado claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Silverado insurance in Jersey City?
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but some discounts are required to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Own a Home - Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags may get savings up to 30%.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
Don't be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn't quite work that way.
The diagram below compares Chevy Silverado yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, air bags, multi-policy, anti-theft, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for anti-theft, early signing, defensive driver, premier discount, and utility vehicle.
- SAFECO has savings for bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, multi-car, homeowner, anti-theft, safe driver, and drive less.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for multi-vehicle, safe driver, 55 and retired, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- AAA may include discounts for good student, education and occupation, multi-car, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, and multi-policy.
When getting free Jersey City car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some credits may not be offered in Jersey City.
Car insurance coverages for a Chevy Silverado
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) - This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and falling objects. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments - Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like surgery, dental work, chiropractic care and X-ray expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Liability coverages - Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 15/30/5 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. New Jersey state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it's recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Collision coverage - This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Silverado to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Chevy Silverado.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/5 in New Jersey), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
What is the best auto insurance company in Jersey City?
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurer can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in Jersey City. The company rank data below can help you select which car insurance companies to look at buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your Chevy Silverado insurance rates in Jersey City. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Some small companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost.
How to buy discount Chevy Silverado insurance in Jersey City
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Jersey City. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, read about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, careless driving and bad credit can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One bit of advice is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Jersey City Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Welfare Recipients in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)