Do you want to learn to get low-cost Subaru WRX insurance in Jersey City? Did a good deal turn into overpriced Subaru WRX insurance in Jersey City? You’re in good company because many Jersey City consumers are in the same pinch.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who shop rates annually will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for Subaru WRX insurance is your objective, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money. You have so many insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates for Subaru WRX insurance in Jersey City.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Jersey City is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you currently have insurance, you will surely be able to buy cheaper insurance using these methods. Smart buyers just have to use the fastest way to find the lowest price from many different companies.
Reducing your insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. Just take the time comparing rates from some recommended companies.
Comparing rate quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to different Jersey City agent offices. The ability to get quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop online and still use a local agent.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Jersey City, NJ. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the lowest price.
Slash rates with these discounts
Some insurance providers do not list all discounts very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow data collection to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 can get reduced rates.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Own a Home and Save – Just owning your own home can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies provide a small discount get Jersey City car insurance on your computer.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your next insurance statement.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To find insurance companies with significant discounts in Jersey City, click here to view.
Get Subaru WRX Insurance for Less
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other criteria are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Safer cars cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Save money with higher coverage deductibles – Physical damage protection, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your Subaru. Some examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Teenagers vs. mature drivers – Older people are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Is you occupation costing you more? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like military generals, airline pilots, and dentists tend to pay higher average rates because of intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as actors, engineers and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Subaru WRX insurance loss statistics – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting premium rates. Models that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Subaru WRX Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru WRX 4WD 141 82 158 94 81 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years