Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest Lincoln Mark LT insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Jersey City.
- First, take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Mark LT coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important note is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of car insurance customers in New Jersey have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. The average driver in America could save an average of nearly $860 each year, but they feel it's too difficult to do a rate comparison.
If you have a current insurance policy or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Buying affordable insurance in Jersey City is much easier if you know where to start. Smart buyers just need to understand the quickest way to compare price quotes online.
Affordable rates by receiving these nine discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there are discounts available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but some need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don't have any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Lincoln could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Seniors can get a small discount on rates.
- Professional Memberships - Belonging to certain professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for insurance.
- Sign Online - Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive get Jersey City car insurance on the internet.
- Onboard Data Collection - People who choose to allow their insurance company to track vehicle usage by installing a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for early shopping, good student, switch companies, business and professional, bundle discounts, and electronic funds transfer.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, good student, driver's education, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-car, newly married, new graduate, teen driver discount, and new move discount.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, accident-free, good student, good driver, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and good student.
Double check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Savings may not be available in Jersey City. If you would like to view companies who offer free Lincoln Mark LT insurance quotes in Jersey City, click here.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) - This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Lincoln Mark LT.
Due to the fact that many New Jersey drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Collision coverage - This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Mark LT caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Mark LT to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance - Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like rock chips in glass, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) - Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for chiropractic care, pain medications, funeral costs and ambulance fees. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability insurance - Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn't cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage, legal defense fees and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. New Jersey state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Smart consumers save more
We've covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Jersey City. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Lincoln Mark LT rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Jersey City is possible online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection.
Much more information about insurance in New Jersey can be found at these links:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Homeowners in Jersey City? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Jersey City Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)